Thursday, July 2, 2009

"THRILLER" Thrilled me; the last week has not.

Well, hello, all you semi-tumescent firecracks rebels. Just waiting to start blowing up your back yards, annoying our elderly people, our PST vets (and that can be scary), scaring our dogs and cats, and some of the children who are, by nature, very sensitive, and have been worried for weeks about North Korea and its nuclear abilities. I have no real understanding of how this all happened to become part of the lore of July 4, but I'm sure the NRA had a lot to do with it. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the Fourth of July. I love the small town parades, and the intensity on the faces of the young men scheduled to become part of the insanity of the middle east and now, the far east. I feel like a patriot, and I have always held this country in the highest regard, especially our military. Not the leaders, necessarily, but certainly the ordinary member, serving his or her country and doing a damn good job. But I have to show support for the populist groups in the Country who want to stop the Dover Casket Express. Like everything else, the military is suddenly slightly out of control, what with resignations and firings/demotions. So I'm right there on the front line, screaming freedom platitudes and waving a flag. For me. For you. For all of us. To try and show some solidarity that will keep us out of the bloodsucking contractors like Haliburton, for starters. And yeah, I'm a tree hugger (you don't know the half of it) and I berate people for littering (yes, right in their fact), and I'm abrasive and antagonistic, and I don't really give a big red rat's ass about other people's opinions of me.

Let's look at the Media. Michael Jackson, having had the amazing timing of dropping dead just when the REAL news couldn't get any worse, and so the Media has been on a 24/7 feeding frenzy. But. And this is a real big but. Who's paying any attention to the US Destroyer or whatever it is that is shadowing the North Korea ship that's playing patsy in the China Sea. And then of course, Farrah had to die virtually at the same time, and now listen, I AM SORRY FOR THESE DEATHS. But if they are what is being used to divert attention from the things that could very well kill some of us, I take umbrage with being entertained over being warned, or at least kept informed. The war department has to love it. They've got the field to themselves. While the rest of the country puts on the Hair Shirt for MJ.

What have we become? What legacy will we leave?

Michael Jackson, styrofoam and plastic bags. Oh, and don't forget the disposal diapers.

It's NOT a better world, young people. And you better pay some attention, or you'll slide over the edge with the rest of old gomer lemmings. And all they have to do to make it happen is announce the noon buffet.

He was a very sad, very conflicted young/old man. His pain was so obvious, and his sadness never left his eyes. Rest in peace, Michael. Jackie, Sam, Marvin are all there waiting for you.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment