Sunday, January 18, 2009

The King is dead; long live the King!

I've been watching the big Washington party on HBO, can't beat them for no commercials and great camera work.

I think there is no mistaking who is in charge. And the followers area powerful and mostly super-rich bunch. I love the total aura of power now IN power. The talent pool was exceptional, once in a lifetime kind of stuff and SOMEone had the good sense not to call Michael Jackson. Let the Republicans have him. They've had more experience with people who have "alternative lifestyles" ... but not the cojones to allow them to marry ... hm ... but once again, I digress.

It was powerful, proud, generously black, and very, very dangerous for him, I fear. The extremists and the secessionists and the aryan folk are going to hear something else. They are going to hear a voice of those they are trying to eradicate. And since they model themselves after Hitler and his Brown Shirts, they have a whole scenario to play out. With better communications and weapons, we must remember. I can't think of a worse job than being a secret service assigned to protecting the Obamas. All of them. 24/7. And try to stay one step ahead of the crazies. And if you don't think they're out there, do a little research on the Web. Google aryan nation and see what you get. The shock of your life, probably. Angry, I would hope.

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of flak on the programming. But folks, before you pull the reverse-race card, remember. If ANY group of people in this country deserve to celebrate, it is the African Americans among us for whom this is an almost fairy-tale occasion. And we, as a country of immigrants (yeah, well, I excuse the Native Americans from this, they've had the shit kicked out of them, too) we need to understand that by the nature of human beings, and by the smaller the world has gotten, we're all a bunch of Heinz-57s. Mutts. Curs. Pound pups. But I know that those cross-bred misbegottens make the best pets you'll ever have the good fortune to be allowed to own. They're smart, they're honest, and by god, they're loyal. Except for the honest part, they'd make good lawyers. No, no, don't send me hate mail. Some of my best friends are lawyers. Really. But they're the honest ones.

At any rate, two more days, and the fix is in. Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment